On February 16-18, the 2017 Genitourinary Cancers Symposium took place in Orlando, Florida.
An international multidisciplinary panel discussed a selection of topics and new data on prostate and bladder cancer. During a live connection, questions were submitted by participants of the ASCO Direct GU Virtual meetings in 7 different countries (Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Germany, Netherlands, United Arabic Emirates and Switzerland)
- Active surveillance in localized prostate cancer
- Impact of ProtecT trial results
- Value of imaging, genomics, and genetics for active surveillance
- High-risk prostate cancer, definition and therapeutic controversies
- Value of chemoradiation for bladder cancer
- Molecular predictors and response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in bladder cancer
- Prof. Bertrand Tombal MD PhD, urologist, Université catholique de Louvain, Cliniques universitaires Saint-Luc, Brussels, Belgium
- Prof. Robert Bristow MD PhD, radiation oncologist, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Canada
- Prof. Thomas Bauernhofer MD, medical oncologist, University Clinic for Internal Medicine Karl-Franzens University, Graz, Austria
- Neil Shore MD, urologist, Atlantic Urology Clinic, Myrtle Beach, USA
- Catherine Hood PhD
This program was financially supported by Bayer and Janssen Oncology.